We are a customer service platform that’s designed for ecommerce merchants, and built to support all the tools in their stack. Our product unifies support over email, live chat, voice, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and SMS in one feed to help our merchants provide exceptional customer experiences at scale on Shopify, BigCommerce, and Magento.
Here, every incoming support ticket displays customer info such as order and conversation history, giving agents the context, they need to provide the fast support customers expect. Plus, support teams can work more efficiently by easily viewing, tagging, and prioritizing every open ticket across all their support channels.
We even process these tickets with our proprietary machine learning algorithms, and can deflect up to a third of repetitive merchant tickets without human interaction, through our Automation Add-on. Everything we do is for our customers, and we’re currently serving over 10,000+ e-commerce merchants, including Steve Madden, Timbuk2, Decathlon, and Sports Illustrated. They love us for our innovative product, our focus on their ecommerce needs, and, of course, our lightning-fast customer service response times.
We raised our $25 million Series B round in December 2020 and our $30 million Series C round this year. In between, we more than doubled in size in every meaningful way: annual recurring revenue, the size of our customer base, and the size of our team, for starters.
We’re still growing fast and looking for new teammates who want to grow with us.
Join our team for the opportunity to:
Work with smart, passionate people every day
Get extreme ownership over your work and results Be treated like the expert you are
By the way: this position is open to full remote from Europe #LI-REMOTE About the Core Engineering Team
The team owns the Core entities, this includes Tickets, Messages, Agent metrics, Users, etcCore’s mission is to deliver a great experience to Support Agents who spent their role day in our platform serving their customers, we do this by aiming to have a responsive system (below 100ms interactions), powerful messages editor, notifications, navigation, etc.
The backend code is mostly written in Python3 and runs using Flask (REST API) and Celery for all background work. The state is stored in PostgreSQL and RabbitMQ for async tasks with Redis for ephemeral storage, and finally, everything runs on top of Kubernetes.
The team structure is 2 Front-End Engineers, 4 Back-End Engineers, Designer, Product Manager and Engineering Manager.
- Design and implement highly-available data-consistent systems, we average 1k+ request/second
- As a senior, assist and mentor others to also accomplish great software deliveries
- Have ownership of your project and aim at the team’s OKRs
- Provide support during support shift 24/7 for 1 week each month Who You Are
- You’re familiar with good practices like: SOLID principles, CQRS and other design patterns
- You can write an Architecture Systems Design taking in consideration scalability, asynchronous processing with data consistency; you should be able to understand and communicate CAP Theorem trade-offs
- 8+ years of experience as a Back-End engineer where at least 2 of those as Python engineer, you will code in Python3+ years of experience building and scaling large web APIs (at least 2 years on a REST API), you’re familiar with RESTful and aim for idempotency and stateless operations when possible
- 3+ years of experience working high concurrency RDBMS (like Postgres) and understand trade-offs around partitioning, long-term persistence, queries optimization
- 3+ years of experience working with asynchronous processing and understands eventual consistency, parallelism, delivery guarantees (at least once and subscriber idempotency)
- The experience could be with queues (like RabbitMQ, Celery), but also streaming technologies like Kafka and Redis Streams
- 2+ years of experience building apps with Cloud computing platform(s) (GCP, AWS, or Azure)
Perks and Benefits
- 5-week vacation + 2 weeks of RTT
- Paid sick leave
- Paid parental leave (12 weeks)
- Latest MacBook Pro
- Personal credit card to buy lunches (we use Swile)
- We provide private health insurance (we use Alan)
- Get up to $700 to set up your workstation at home (working from home should feel breezy)
- Get up to $2000 of learning material per year (includes books**,** courses,
training sessions that are easily identified and linked with your job scope)
- Every quarter, we organize a company-wide summit to discuss where we’re
going and strengthen the social bonds (once the health situation allows it, we’ll transform these summits into offsites!